Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Uncomfortable is what we were designed for

Serving with youth requires an unreal amount of energy. I remember one time talking to the youth pastor before hosting a game for the service... he said "the more energy you have the better. Over exaggerate if you have to, the more weird you feel, the better things probably look for the teens".

So my music this week has been Hillsong Young and Free. If anyone knows who they are, you know it is extremely high energy on a lot of songs. Well one of my fav tracks on the album is "End of Days". Every time it comes on I instantly go crazy bc it excites me so much. I'm always trying to get the kids to sing it with me! As I'm singing this morning, at the top of my lungs, Windows down in school traffic,  Trying to involve des... I start screaming the lyrics "I'm gonna sing until my voice won't let me, as thunders roll I'll shout your praise, you're the God of everlasting wonder, your love outlast the end of days". I became so filled with joy in that moment of praise and the revelation of who He is!

One characteristic of us as Christians should be our joy, the way we handle problems, we should just look different. I exaggerated my praise today and in the midst of doing so He filled me with joy! Now, going to work don't feel so bad afterall. Now the stress of the day is lifted. Now the cup left in the sink last night does not have control over me, but joy does! Now when people see me today, they will see something different. I had to do something uncomfortable in the flesh in order to break through and allow my spirit to reign! God is so good! Are you letting your life reflect that? If your happy and you know it, tell your face! #endofdays

No comments:

Post a Comment