Sunday, April 19, 2015

Unstoppable Love

Last night I had a conversation with someone about the defenses my emotions have built. I explained that I have had so many past hurts that I have emotionally built walls around myself to protect myself from the pain. Although God has restored me completely and I am free from this pain, I still see the walls from time to time.

Some have attempted to break down my walls. Some have even been successful in that they break down one only to find another one behind it. My natural mind says that no one will "tear down all my walls".. Not because I don't deserve it, but because "I don't believe it is worth the time it will take to do so or that they will have the patience to be there long enough to do it". Spiritually, I know that is not true and that God has a plan, I was just explaining myself from a raw emotion perspective.

Later in conversation I mentioned that anyone in my life will always be second place. Second to God, and the call HE has on my life. From the outside looking in, that may be a harsh sounding statement; however, today in worship, this was made very clear to me why this is necessary.

We sang a song by Kim Walker Smith called unstoppable love. Although I know the lyrics to this song, they were far from my heart last night in my conversation. During worship I realized that many of the lyrics in the song were a lot of the things I mentioned last night...

Try to stop Your love and You would wage a war
Try to take the very thing You gave Your life for
You would come running
Tear down every wall
All the while You’re shouting
“My Love, you’re worth it all”.

God you pursue me with power and glory
Unstoppable Love that never ends
You’re unrelenting with passion and mercy
Unstoppable Love that never ends

You broke into the silence and sang your song of hope
A melody resouning in the deep of my soul
You have come running
You tore down every wall
All the while you’re shouting,
“My Love you’re worth it all”

No sin, no shame,
No past, no pain
Can separate me from Your love
No height, no depth,
No fear, no debt
Can separate me from Your love

I didn't realize until I sang those lyrics how much I guard my heart and why Jesus will always have first place. HE HAS TORE DOWN EVERY WALL. HE STOPS AT NOTHING TO LOVE ME. HE GUARDS ME AND PROTECTS ME. HE is the ONLY person that can and will break through. If any man wants to get through them all, he is not going to be able to do so apart from Jesus' strength. A man will have to know my Father to know the way to my heart because only God has the keys.

I say all that to say to anyone reading this post... Seek Him. Seek Him before anything else. His pursuit of you is relentless. His love for you is unyeilding. His plans for you are great. Go to YouTube and check out this video. Listen to this song, let it speak to your heart. Recognize what you are to HIM. Put Him first and He will never steer you wrong.

https://youtu.be/wlQ2PgQeWmQ

No comments:

Post a Comment