Thursday, March 1, 2012

My hideous tacky scarf!!!

Ok, I was at a local store in the area yesterday called MS. PRISS. It was such a cute store filled with a small selection of trendy clothes, jewelry, and accessories. A skirt hanging outside of the store initially caught my eye. It was white and lace. I thought it was so free and seemed to have a flow to it – so of course I could not resist stopping to try it on.
Well, unfortunately the white skirt did not look as fabulous as I had hoped; however, there was a black one that did look great. As I am thinking about how to piece this together in my head – my eye caught a bright glob of mess in the corner. This colorful array of fabric turned out to be a scarf! This was the missing piece to my outfit – black skirt (or blue jeans), white shirt, and this scarf!
The scarf itself is pretty hideous and tacky. It is known as a hobo scarf. It is a bunch of yarn or different colors and textures tied together. Honestly – it is awful.  I’m not sure what it is – but there is something I love about that scarf. I am not sure if it is the facts that someone took their time to hand tie every knot, the soft feeling of the yarn, or the bright array of colors. As I bragged and showed my scarf off – I received two reactions from people: 1. OMG I LOVE IT or 2. OMG I HATE IT! Lol… people have mixed emotions about my newly found fabric cluster.
I started to realize that my love for this scarf have similar parallels to God’s love for us!
·        I picked this scarf out of everything in this store – God picked me before the foundations of the world
·        I hold this scarf precious – God holds me precious
·        The world (some of the world) rejects my scarf – The world rejects people (some people)
Those are some examples. It doesn’t matter who loves or hates my scarf – I hold it precious to me and there is nothing you can say to change my mind. God feels the same way about you! Below are some scriptures that show how God loves us, stands by us, and picks us for Himself:
·        Psalm 27:10 – Although my father and my mother have forsaken me, yet the Lord will take me up [adopt me as His child]
·        Ephesians 1:4-5 – Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach before Him in love. (5)For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of his will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]
·        Leviticus 26:11-12 – I will set My dwelling in and among you, and My soul shall not despise or reject or separate itself from you (12) And I will walk in and with and among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people
Isn’t God’s love toward us amazing! It is so unconditional! He does not love us for what we can do for Him or how we look, or how popular we are… That is why I have fallen in love with my scarf. Every time I see it I am reminded of God’s unconditional love for me – it is a great conversation piece and just possibly, I can teach someone else about the love of God as I wear my hideous tacky scarf! So when the world considers you to be hideous or tacky - just know that God sees you as precious! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment