Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Process

There is a lesson in everything if you listen to God speak to you.

I was preparing lunch and a friend text me and asked what I was doing. I told them I was shedding carrots for a carrot raisin salad. They responded with "that sounds healthy". I then proceeded to tell them that I try to cook as clean as I can. I thought about how easily it would have been to purchase already shredded carrots but I won't because I enjoy the process of cooking and preparing the fresh food.

That's when the Holy Spirit showed me that there is a process to your calling and/or your next level. The process is where you are cleaned. The process is where you are prepared. The process is where you are hand crafted. If I chose to skip the process and buy "already processed foods", I am putting those toxins in my body. My heart would not be into the meal. Putting the toxins in my body may be satisfying for now but can lead to all kinds of trouble down the road.

Most of the time when we are in a process we don't even realize it until after the fact.... With that being said... If you are waiting on a spouse, waiting on a promotion, waiting on your ministry position, waiting on anything.... Know that you are more than likely in a process. God wants you pure. He wants to clean you, he is hand crafting His masterpiece that is you! You have a purpose of being a benefit to the world. The toxins in you can't help a toxic world. Sit back and enjoy the process and know that the outcome is coming and it will be something clean, pure, healthy, and amazing! Only He knows when you are ready because He can see the big picture and the outcome!

My kids always ask me "when will the food be ready?". My response is "when I'm done". I know the whole recipe. I know what the presentation looks like. I know what needs to be done to pull the dinner together. If I feed them before everything is finished, it won't look right, taste right, or have the same nutritional value because something was left out. That's the same way with God. Trust Him and trust the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment